Sunday, February 2, 2014

Devarchan and Sayanton or The Kool Kul Story.

At the beginning of this post I would like to profusely apologize because I will not be able to post a picture. I had taken a very kool picture of both of them eating kul . But I lost my phone and along with my phone their pictures and their details. I remembered the name of Devarchan (probably because I asked him to repeat his name some 17 times) and the rest as they say is Google .


  • Name : Devarchan and Sayanton
  • Age : 20 and 20
  • Profession : Engineering Students
  • Ethnicity : Bangali
  • Location : Mini Bus from rubi




Let us go back to the beginning of the story. It was a winter Wednesday evening. On my way back to(TO and not from) work I decided to take a detour through Gariahat. So I got on a bus from Rubi and promptly sat down on the first available seat. Two boys got up and looked around. There was only one seat left and both of them in the spirit of brotherhood decided to stand.

The first boy (whose name I later found out was Devarchan) offered the second boy( a million point for whoever guesses his name) Kul.

For those who are thinking what is this thing called Kul (jake banglay bole khay na mathay makhe?), it is a kind of fruit and here is a picture.



But I digress as usual. So here is the conversation that forced me to feature these two in here.

D (offering a Kul to S) : Here have a Kul.
S : Nooooo. Thank You.
D. But why? They are awesome !
S : Nooooo. Thank  You.
D. But why ?
S : I don't like them. They are so sour.
D : But these are not those type of Kul. These are Narkeli Kul, They are delicious.
S : Actually I am scared of them.
D (pushes a Kul into S's hand) : Everyday you should do something that scares you (shitless!)
S (all eager to face his fears gives a tentative bite) : I actually like it. I don't know why I was scared of it.

At this point C(that is me) tentatively poked S and politely asked both of them if she could feature them in her blog. They both agreed. Posed for a picture too. D was nice enough to offer a Kul to C just before she was ready to get off.

P.S - So after C googled Devarchan and hunted his gmail id, C actually mailed him asking for a picture of him and his friend and also his friend's name. By popular opinion , does this qualify C as a weirdo ?

P.P.S - Thank you Devarchan for reverting back to my email and mailing me your friend's name. 

3 comments:

  1. Well, DUH you're a weirdo. Not just because of googling and tracking down people and harassing them for their pictures, though :D

    I love this blog, actually, *because* it's random and weird and catches snippets off the everyday busyness that goes on all the time in this mad city, and highlights the weirdos that make up this city. I like that fact that you talk to people without any agenda. And that even so-called "ordinariness" of random strangers is quirky and strange and interesting. I love people, mostly for the stories they are. Thank you for getting bits and pieces of those stories out, boss.

    ReplyDelete