Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My Experience in Amreecan Village Part 2 : McDonald's Our Food Your Question.

This particular experience belongs to not me directly but my oldest friend ASP and particularly her husband VP.

Last weekend I went to visit them in another Amreecan village by the name of Parsippany in New Jersey. Now VP has always been the biggest fan of McD back in Bangalore. When I would visit them in Bangalore, me and ASP would spend a considerable time charting  which restaurant to try out. VP would invariably suggest McD. It is best to mention here that VP is a Vegetarian but eats Eggs(I guess that makes him an Eggetarian) and the McEgg back in India was his favourite.

So now they are in NJ and the true patron that VP is he takes ASP to McD. ASP orders her standard burger and VP goes up to the pimply teenager taking the order and with a lot of anticipation asks " What are your vegetarian options? " The guy at the counter solemnly replies "Fries," VP tries to be a little more clear and says "Like to eat ?". The guy without any change of expression replies "Fries." VP tries one more time. "As in real food ?" The guy replied "Fries". And after thinking for a couple of minutes adds "And Coke."

At this point ASP suggests VP to take the burger without the meat. What comes are two burger buns with four pieces of fried onions in the middle. So I guess the question is "Where is the food ?"

And I have to add this photo of ASP and VP I took at the Dover Station when they came to see me off in the freeze rain. I adore it. Two people who are simply just made for each other.


3 comments:

  1. hyan, mcDee there is a dukkhi place. Vee used to go to mexican joints therefore, they have more veg-friendly options.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Atleast the McD guy was sensible and honest enough... not like the other Mc D guy in Ipswich who delivered Big Mac as Mc Chicken and later on made stupid faces !! Yaak !!

    ReplyDelete