Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Me.

I am a very ordinary girl. I yearn for an ordinary and boring life. I hear this from everyone around me. That they are so ordinary. But I believe every ordinary person has some extraordinary story, an extraordinary perspective, some extraordinary revelation.

I live in Kolkata. Always have and plan to for the rest of my mortal life. I love this city. I have loved and lost and found myself in this city over and over again. I am also a loner. I am very shy and find it difficult to interact with people in a social circle.

I also am a planner. I had my life all planned out. But then in 2012 October, life threw me so many lemons that I did not know how to cope with it. But I did cope with it by buying a really large bottle of tequila. ;D .

Then very recently a friend introduced me to "Humans of New York". 

And then I decided to do this social experiment of going up to people and asking them anything they would want to tell me. It might also get me out of my shell of super shyness and in the process I might get some fabulous stories. This, I guess is more for me, than for anyone else.

Now to some statistics. As per provisional reports of Census India, population of Kolkata in 2011 was 4,486,679; of which male and female were 2,362,662 and 2,124,017 respectively. Although Kolkata city had population of 4,486,679; its urban / metropolitan population was 14,112,536 of which 7,319,682 were males and 6,792,854 were females. I think it is safe to assume that the number has only increased. 

So it should be easy to find people in this city right. They are everywhere. But I am finding out that it is extremely difficult to actually do this. Firstly the obstacle is me and my shyness. It is a process of several hours worth of internal conversation to overcome it and go upto people with this bizzare request. Secondly most people just look at me very suspiciously. I am honest and I tell them that I am going to put their pictures up on the internet. This makes them even more suspicious and to good measures I am sure.

But still, I am going to do this. This crazy bizzare project. All I have is my Samsung Galaxy Y Phone and that seems to be pretty much all I need right now.

Here is wishing a very inarticulate me "luck".












1 comment:

  1. LUCK!!!

    xoxoxoxoxoxo
    (yes, I don't care that it icks you out.)

    ReplyDelete