Saturday, December 21, 2013

Avijit and Biswajit

It is 21st December. Park Street is all decked up in carnival finery. Me and my friends were walking down towards Allen Park when I spot these two guys They were standing in front of Veda. They caught my eye because they seemed to be silently observing everyone. As if there is some secret known to only the two of them.

Two homo sapiens of the XY chromosomal variety had already said no to me. So needless to say I was quite nervous. I have also been getting suspicious glances because I have been telling my friends that " I need a man for my project." or " I need to use a man for my project." What I meant was that after two lovely women, I wanted to feature a man's perspective of things.





  • Name : Avijit
  • AGE : 30
  • PROFESSION : Kolkata Police Person
  • Ethnicity : Bengali

Me : Tell me something funny that you might have encountered in your work ?
A : There is nothing funny in my line of work. It is always dangerous.
Me : There is nothing funny ??
A : No.Nothing. It is always serious.
Me : What extra measure is Kolkata Police taking for the safety of women during the carnival ?
A : There are police posts at regular intervals
Me : Is there a reason that you are not in police gear ?
A : What can I say? I am not allowed to say it. [ At this point I am thinking that if he is in plain clothes to be undercover why did he divulge his actual profession? ]
Me : What is the one thing being in the police force has taught you?
A : I really cant tell you.
Me : Random Life Experience ?
A : I don't really think of life so much !
Me : Do you think about Death then ?
A : (In a really surprised and shocked tone) Death ?

After this I stopped asking A questions rather disappointed. It was clear that I will not get anything interesting out of him. And he had so much potential. He could have been a goldmine of interesting shocking unbelievable tales.




  • NAME : Biswajit
  • AGE : 30
  • PROFESSION : Senior Bartender
  • ETHNICITY : Bengali

Me :   So you have an unconventional job ? Why did you choose this job ? And you don't have anything confidential so if you can please tell me.
B : I have always wanted to do this. I studied Hotel management and then joined this job . This is such a happy job . This is like Happy Hours all the time. When the bartender is happy, the guests are happy.
Me :   So tell me something fun that has been happening ?
B : The fact that a novel idea such as the winter carnival is happening in Kolkata is fun. The reason behind this is Karan Paul and Apeejay Group, owner of Park Hotel. This is his initiative. The place brightens up with youngsters coming here to enjoy themselves. I enjoy seeing them enjoy.
Me : You know how we see in movies, some dude gets extremely drunk and then pours his heart out to the bartender. Has something like that happened to you?
At this point A chimes in that if anyone tried that with him he would have taken the poor soul to jail. To which I reply, that is why no one will tell him.
B : I had this guest and every night he would come down to drink at the bar with his girlfriend. After he would get drunk he would suddenly realize that his girlfriend is nowhere to be spotted. The girlfriend would already have gone away with someone else.
Me : Tell me something, some unexpected incident that has happened with you ?
At this point A chimes in , " You doing this, talking to us is unexpected. This has never happened before. "

2 comments: